Enterprise Content Management Solutions
Our Case Management Solutions can streamline the business processes and increase efficiencies in organisations in both the public and the private sector.
Faranani DocTec specialises in the provision, implementation and support of Enterprise Content Management based solutions including both software and hardware and related consultancy services to ensure successful solution implementations and long-term business benefits to organisations. Faranani DocTec is a registered Documentum partner and is focusing on the selling, implementation and support of the Documentum, Leap and InfoArchive product families that are internationally leading software in Enterprise Content Management and Business Process Management.
Faranani DocTec Services
Complete enterprise-wide Content Management Solutions are provided to address various business requirements from small, departmental collaboration type implementations to building enterprise roadmaps for content management and implementing them in a phased approach to unlock the business value in the content.
Our team has implemented Document and Records Management with workflow and Business Process Management for several national government departments, as well as for provincial and local government. Our unique product and industry knowledge, combined with the practical experience of hands-on implementations enable us to develop business focused applications on top of an industry standard ECM platform as provided by EMC²
Documentum Platform – Content Management and Repository Services
The Documentum platform delivers a comprehensive suite of application-level services for content-enabled solutions. Based on over 25 years of investment in Enterprise Content Management and related technologies, this platform is designed to capture, store, organise, retrieve, secure and produce content within an enterprise computing environment.
The architecture uses the Documentum Enterprise Content Management System as the primary repository to store all data and content relating to the solution. It allows the unstructured data to be managed in a conducive manager to assist the processing of the input channels.
Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP)
The Documentum® xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP) enables organisations to rapidly build and deploy case-based and business process management applications at a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and with fewer resources. Documentum xCP sets the new standard for rapidly building case-based and business process management solutions by providing a single composition platform that combines a fully integrated set of technologies along with development and deployment tooling, best practices, and a design emphasis on configuration versus coding.
The Documentum xCP platform is selected as the primary user interface and workflow driver for the proposed solution. It is frequently selected as the case management platform for investigative, citizen services and grants case management solutions and its declarative user interface, strong content management capabilities and powerful Business Process Management and Integration capabilities makes it uniquely capable of fulfilling the diverse requirements associated with modern case management applications. The included Business Activity Monitor (BAM) provides the main capability to support the Performance Management requirement.
We believe our Case Management Solutions can streamline the business processes and increase efficiencies in organisations in both the public and the private sector.
Case Management combines Enterprise Content Management and Business Process Management (BPM) technologies into one solution.
It addresses business functions in both the Front Office such as investigations, benefits eligibility, disbursement and tracking, licensing and permitting, certification, grants and subsidies, virtual patient records and claims processing; but it is also a plat-form approach that can be applied to other day-to-day transactions, including in the Back Office as depicted below, namely dispute resolution, contracts management, correspondence management, travel management, and integrated procurement as shown in the figure below or any other manually intensive process that can strain resources.
The key capabilities as required by a complete Intelligent Dynamic Case Management solution are all provided in our solution as listed below, namely:
- Information capture
- Content management and Repository
- Business process management
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Customer communication management
Our Consulting Services will focus on the provision of consulting related to the implementation of an enterprise content management solution in an organisation such as the user requirements analysis and verification process prior to an organisation going out to the market in a procurement process through a bid or quotation process with a User Requirement Specification as deliverables. The development of strategies and plans for corporate information management, records management, back scanning of paper, document migration, change management and the definition and development of file plans that will be taken through approval at the National Archives and Records Service of South Africa (NARS), the current government institution responsible for the approval of file plans used in public sector organisations at all levels, will also be done as part of our consulting services.
We provide high-speed scanners for paper, microfiche and microfilm scanning to enable organisations to convert their current paper and microfiche/film repositories into live, believe archives unlocking the value contained in the history of an organisation. Furthermore, a back-file conversion service can be provided to clients for digitisation especially for high and/or complex scanning requirements. At the same time, using the same hardware and software, our digitisation solutions enable clients to scan their incoming, day-to-day correspondence, invoices, POD’s, claims, and faxes and to manage them electronically via workflow.
With our experience in government departments, we are able to assist organisations in organising their physical records in such a way that they can be managed via an electronic system. The team have the skills and qualifications to help clients create File Plans according to National Archives and Records Service (NARS) specifications, and to implement the file plans once approved by National Archives and Records Service. Our solutions enable organisations to manage physical records within the same system as their electronic records and emails, so that they have a common File Plan, common retention- and disposition rules and the same security levels on all types of records.
OneSpan enables financial institutions and other organizations to succeed by making bold advances in their digital transformation. We do this by establishing trust in people’s identities, the devices they use, and the transactions that shape their lives. We believe that this is the foundation of enhanced business enablement and growth.
More than 10,000 customers, including over half of the top 100 global banks, rely on OneSpan solutions to protect their most important relationships and business processes. From digital onboarding to fraud mitigation to workflow management, OneSpan’s unified, open platform reduces costs, accelerates customer acquisition and increases customer satisfaction.
For organisations that do not have large IT infrastructures or who do not want the capital outlay of an enterprise-wide IT implementation, we offer the same unique business applications in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. A monthly subscription based on usage and transactions as well as broad band internet access is all that is required. A client can be able to scan, store and manage their documents and records and to work in a collaborative way using team rooms and workflow to conduct their business, minutes after signing up for the service. In the background, all the IT applications and infrastructure is managed and hosted by Faranani DocTec.
Faranani DocTec at a glance
Our team has many years of experience in implementing the Documentum and Captiva InputAccel product families in both the private and public sectors in companies and organisations such as Nedbank, Investec, Metropolitan Life, Old Mutual, Sanlam, FirstRand Bank, Investec, Department of Trade and Industry, Professional Provident Society, the National Department of Transport, SA Police Services, the Department of Correctional Services, the Department of Communications, Telkom, PetroSA, Johannesburg Water, etc.
Some of our recent successes are described shortly below:
- In April 2011 we were appointed by SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority) to automate all their core business processes as workflows, electronic forms and supporting documents related to applications for licenses, certifications, qualifications, incident management and standard operating procedures in an Integrated Operations Management System based on the Documentum xCP solution platform that is today fully operational on a country-wide basis from all 9 South African harbours in a distributed deployment. During 2015 we completed an upgrade of the Ship Registry.
- We were subcontracted through EMC in 2010 and 2011 to assist in implementing the following solutions at Investec – “Securities for Large Loans”, “Forex Trade Settlements” and “Derivatives Trading Contract Management” projects.
- Nedbank tasked us through EMC in 2010 to complete a back scan strategy for all their paper archived documents.
- The National Department of Transport appointed us in May 2011 for the implementation of a solution based on Documentum xCP that runs all their public entity oversight business processes of all government agencies that are reporting to the National Department of Transport including the management of the various reports, plans, strategy documents, etc. that are related to these oversight processes.
- In March 2012 the Film and Publication Board tasked us to develop a records management and digitisation strategy for the organisation.
- The Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) also procured Documentum licenses from us in January 2012. We were also appointed to implement the dti eMail archive solution for their email environment that was completed in the first half of 2013.
- In 2012 we were contracted through a consortium to implement and support an eDRMS (Electronic Document Records Management System) for the Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport provincial DLTCs (Driver and License Training Centres) to capture, manage and archive the various documents related to the driver’s license and vehicle registration business processes.
- In 2012 the State Information Technology Agency (SITA) appointed Faranani DocTec for the provision of development, maintenance and support services for the Documentum and Captiva enterprise content management solutions as well as Adobe for electronic forms solutions running in the SA Police Service (SAPS). In 2014 SITA renewed this appointment again for a period of three (3) years. Currently several projects are active that includes enterprise wide implementation of Captiva and Documentum on a national basis in different implementation areas such as criminal records, dockets, forensic data, finger prints, fire arm registration documents, etc.
- AfriSam, the second largest cement company in South Africa, contracted Faranani DocTec in December 2012 to provide and implement a Contract Lifecycle Management System (CLMS) for management and control of all legal contracts. On-going support up to date is provided.
- In 2013 the Department of Social Development contracted us for the provision and implementation of an Appeals Monitoring and File Tracking solution for the management of the appeal process for social grants. Since the end of 2015 a back scanning solution was implemented to process all archived folders and move the archive boxes off site.
- Since April 2013 we were contracted by PetroSA for two years for Documentum software maintenance support.
- In October 2013 the Railway Safety Regulator (RSR) appointed Faranani DocTec for the provision and implementation of an Electronic Document Management Solution (EDMS). It was required that the EDMS must be integrated with the RSR NIMS (National Information Management System). During the past 6 months we completed a file plan renewal assignment including the uploading of the file plan.
- Capitec Bank contracted us since the beginning of 2014 for the provision of certified Documentum xCP services to assist with the development of specific software modules deployed in the bank. From 2015 Faranani assisted Capitec Bank with an upgrade project to the latest Documentum xCP version. Recently we were contracted to developed interns for a period of 12 months to the level of certified Documentum developers that can be deployed at Capitec Bank.
- Since the beginning of 2014 the Mpumalanga Liquor Authority following within the Mpumalanga Provincial Department of Development Environment and Tourism contracted us for the provision and implementation of a liquor license application solution to process applications, renewals, transfers and hearings with integration to the handling of payments for new applications and renewals.
- Since 2014 the Education, Training and Development Practices Sector Education and Training Authority (ETDP SETA) contracted us for the provision and implementation of a Core Administration Solution to process workplace skills plans through a portal as well as the authorisation of training organisations, applications from learners and the registration at SAQA.
- In 2014 Johannesburg Water contracted us for the provision of Captiva software maintenance and support with additional software licenses as well as the implementation of a distributed job card scanning solution running from the depots with integration to their SAP ERP solution.
- From 2014 Rand Merchant Bank contracted us to provide support services for their Documentum system.
- From January 2015 we completed a Legal Case Management solution for the Gauteng Department of Health that are in process of being rolled for the tracking and management of all legal cases activated against the Gauteng Department of Health.
Our value propositions are:
- Broad and in-depth understanding through extensive experience of the implementation of the Documentum and InputAccel Enterprise Content Management software solutions at various clients in the South African market;
- Through the Documentum Enterprise Content Management and Records Management software products Faranani provides clients the solution to standardise on a single enterprise content management platform rather than silo’ed content systems to dramatically reduce development and maintenance costs. Clients can standardise user experiences and application development, eliminating unnecessary costs and improving efficiencies. Transferable skills around people and technology capabilities lessen the learning curve with each new application built on Documentum.
- Organise and control the content and business processes that matter the most to the organisation’s success.
- Scalable architecture with multiple references attesting to successful global deployments, terabytes of data managed, and thousands of users.
- Supports the broadest range of IT infrastructure components — so customers can choose the right database, operating system, application server, or enterprise portal for their needs.
The proposed Documentum ECMS and Captiva document capturing technology platforms locally represented by OpenText South Africa plus the Faranani implementation experience in the local South African market, in various industry sectors, can provide business solutions to the requirements and challenges experienced by our clients today.